Ornamental and Turf Care Manager
Valid driver’s license
State of Tennessee certified in category 3.
5 years experience in turf and ornamental diagnosis and treatment
This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Generally this position provides diagnostic, preventative treatment and active treatment to accounts serviced by Landscaping by John E. Waller, LLC.
Specifically job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Following all guidelines set forth by, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, State of Tennessee, etc. in the strictest of manner.
- Maintain the highest level of safety regarding customers, pets, environment and fellow employees.
- Maintain a weed, fungus and pest free environment to all contract properties at the highest level of industry standards
- Maintain legible application logs as directed by the EPA.
- Maintain chemical storage in a neat and orderly fashion with all chemicals clearly labeled.
- Maintain truck and all tanks in a neat and orderly fashion with all tanks labeled clearly and as specified by the EPA.
- Use the required PPE
- Keep hazardous spill clean up kit and first aid kit in truck at all times.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop ongoing programs to ensure industry leading plant and turf care. This includes but is not limited to, new chemical research, new application techniques and new more efficient equipment trials.
- Maintain certification points as directed by the EPA.
- Turn in daily work summaries
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him/her
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to establish strong relationships with office management, peers and customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the standard concepts, practices and procedures of the Landscape and Turf industry as well as the application of Turf and Ornamental chemicals.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrable knowledge of herbicides and fertilizers (dry and liquid)
- Ability to work extended periods of time while standing.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift 50#s safely and easily